- AZ RN Nursing license or “compact” multi state license
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university nursing program
- Applicant must be a US citizen per facility contract
(newly licensed RN’s will be considered)
Salary will be modified by shift differential and experience
currently seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider’s orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor the nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff.
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One year of professional nursing experience preferred. A valid driver’s license is required.
Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age, this is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.