- State of Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management CPHRM required within two years of hire
- Master’s or Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license required
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience in the field of Patient Safety/Risk Management or at minimum 5 years of recent progressive management and clinical leadership experience with knowledge of complex healthcare environments required
- Demonstrated success in tactical and analytical thinking to identify and address actual or potential patient safety/risk concerns
- Understanding of tools and techniques used to identify system or process failures that contribute to patient safety issues. Familiarity with tools such as Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Apparent Cause Analysis, and Learning From Defects desired
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations related to health care and of accrediting/certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission and CMS desired
- Knowledge of claims and reduction strategies desired.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites; Valid Ohio Driver’s license required.
The Patient Safety Risk Officer provides leadership for the design, implementation and coordination of the organization-wide Patient Safety/Risk Management Program across the facilities and service areas within the Health System and affiliated joint ventures businesses as assigned.
- Develops, coordinates, and facilitates implementation of effective systems for risk identification, investigation, and mitigation of both potential and actual patient safety concerns and risks.
- Promotes and facilitates the transition from retrospective and reactive model of risk management to a prospective and proactive approach for patient safety models consistent with the concepts expected of a high reliability organization.
- Facilitates cross-functional/site process improvement endeavors to support elimination of errors and other factors that contribute to potential or actual adverse patient outcomes
- Develops and provides education/communication for leadership, physicians, colleagues and other stakeholders on patient safety needs, initiatives, activities, and for shared learning.
- Provides for 24/7 Patient Safety/Risk Management coverage and response for assigned areas of responsibility; Proactively performs surveillance and evaluates patient safety risks in a uniform and consistent manner for assigned facilities, service areas and affiliated joint ventures.
- Oversight of incident reporting and response process, including evaluation of all incidents, investigation, identification of risk exposures, follow-up and performance of trending analysis for assigned facilities/service areas.
- Serves as Zero-Harm trainer for the organization. Coaches/mentors leadership and colleagues on use of Safety Behaviors. Participates on the Serious Safety Event Classification team and provides information on potential safety events for team review.
- Responsible for identification of potential and actual sentinel events with prompt notification of key stakeholders including senior leadership, and site administration for conducting investigation of event and root cause analysis.
- Proactively conducts failure mode and effect analysis for high risk or problematic care processes across System facilities and joint venture businesses, at minimum as required by The Joint Commission for continued accreditation.
- Collaborates with internal legal counsel and colleagues to support their investigation and defense of claims against the System. Provides defense attorneys requested information to prepare for pending litigation and/or claim reimbursement.
- Provides guidance and support for patient care issues with patient safety/risk or legal implications, i.e. consent issues, adoption, guardianship, EMTALA, HIPAA.
- Provides guidance to leadership as to acceptable bill adjustments under CMS stipulations. Initiates bill adjustments to mitigate potential claims in collaboration with claims management and in congruence policy and CMS limitations.
- All other duties as assigned.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.